As the second wave of the corona Virus Hits, India is Facing a deadly Oxygen crisis. The daily cases in India have almost reached 350,000 to 4,00,000 cases per day. 3,50,000 per day is a very high count of a country. The recent upsurge in the number has created a crisis for hospital beds all across the country. Daily deaths in India have reached 3,000 to 4,000 per day. So, what happened to the oxygen supply in the Country.
The sudden rise in Covid numbers in the second case. The country needs more oxygen supply now than it can/ used to produce. With this, the conditions have only worsened. Morgues, cremation centers are overflowing with bodies of corona affected.
Oximeter and how does oximeter works?
An oximeter is a device for checking the oxygen level of patients painlessly and in the comfort of their homes. During breathing, the oxygen enters in the lungs, passes through thin membranes, and enters the bloodstream, and is passed on to the red blood cells.
The oximeter slide into the finger. It uses light refraction to check the amount of oxygen in red blood cells.
What should one do?
Low concatenation of oxygen is one of the deadly nature of The covid -19 virus. So, patients affected with covid will suffer from low oxygen levels in their blood cells. Of course, in this case, the patient must shift to a hospital. But if the patient is for any reason is unable to go to the hospital, people can practice the proning positions. The pruning position is what specialists are telling to practice to boast up oxygen level.
If the oxygen level drops down to 75 or less, that is extremely harmful. Consider rushing that person to the hospital and arrange oxygen for the patient as soon as possible.
Reliance amplifies its O2 production
With all these risen covid cases in the country. Reliance industries have amplified their production of medical-level oxygen from 0 to 1,000 MT per day. The amount is more than 11 percent of the total country’s liquid oxygen supply production.
Reliance Industries has ramped up its production of medical-grade oxygen from 0 to 1,000 MT per day, constituting more than 11 percent of the country’s total medical-grade liquid oxygen production.
Reliance is providing the oxygen-free of cost to several State governments to bring immediate relief to over lakhs of patients daily.
Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, Reliance has supplied over 55,000 MT of medical-grade liquid oxygen across the country.
One of the challenges is to transport the oxygen fastest and immediately. More amount of delays in supply will only increase the number of fatalities.
Medical oxygen consumption in India has shot up more than eight-fold from usual levels to about 7,200 tonnes per day this month,
India’s total COVID-19 cases passed 18 million which is another world record number daily.
Organizations helping with Covid and O2.
Many organizations have been coming forward with their generous donation and supplies. You can generously donate to these foundations to help them. One of these foundations Hemkunt foundation.
A foundation which provides help to Covid-19 patient is Hemkunt Foundation. People can easily reach out to them for help during crucial times. They have their terms and conditions for this
Terms and Conditions for COVID-19 Oxygen Cylinder:
( We do not hold any rights for this information, this part of the article is information from their website and has been added here only for spreading awareness and help people getting resources)
- For Covid-19 patients only
- Security Deposit – 6000 rupees for 14 days of Oxygen Cylinder
- Oxygen fine adjustment valve with rota-meter and humidifier bottle is free and cost will be borne by Hemkunt Foundation. If any damage then cost of 1000 rupees will be deducted from Security Deposit.
- If on Day 16 cylinder is not returned then we’ll buy another cylinder to serve the next patient from the security deposit
- Pick Up and Drop will be handled by you
- Address proof and Covid-19 report of the patient is mandatory
- Oxygen cylinder shall be used under the supervision of a medical practitioner. Hemkunt foundation is just a facilitator and shall not be held liable for any injuries or death whatsoever.
What are they working on? ( We do not hold any rights for this information, this part of the article is information from their website and has been added here only for spreading awareness and help people getting resources)
- Sent 3,000 oxygen commentators, 500 high-flow nasal cannula, and 85 RT-PCR (COVID testing) machines, medical kits, and other equipment.
- Supporting the procurement and installation of 25 oxygen plants for hospitals and the installation of more than 70 thermal scanners at various ports of entry countrywide.
- With partners, we have procured special refrigerators as part of the cold-chain strengthening of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Provided more than 11,000 PPE kits for functionaries working on India’s Childline so that childcare services can continue.
- Providing guidance and support for the safety and care of children in childcare institutions like care homes.
- Providing support to the government and partners to help children in 17 states continue learning from home. For example, ‘Mobile Learning Centre in Bihar is helping 28,000 children who did not have access to any type of digital equipment to continue learning.
- Working to counter vaccine misinformation and promote COVID Appropriate Behaviour (wearing masks, physical distancing, and handwashing), using multimedia content, produced weekly in multiple languages for broadcast on digital channels and media.
This article gathered the information from various sources and the sources deserve full recognition for that information.